We've been cooped up for over a week and then our woolies arrived in the mail (yes even mail still arrives in the North Pole) and today we made glitter playdoh. It's cinnamon flavored so the whole house smells wonderful and it kept Little Bits busy for a loooong time!
I love this recipe because the dough is just the right consistency, there is no cooking involved and it's not too sticky!
A great new playdoh recipe for the new year!
You will need:
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding little bits at a time until dough feels right)
- food coloring and glitter (we use Martha Stewart Fine Glitter)
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add the boiling water
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky like bread dough
- Add the food coloring
- Allow it to cool down then take out of the bowl
- Knead vigorously for a few minutes until all of the stickiness has gone //add a touch more flour until it feels not sticky!
- add a few sprinkles of glitter and roll again and again until glitter shows